1. What is the most important lesson you have learned from your love life?
The three most important things because I couldn’t choose:
- Being an utter romantic at heart growing up, it hit me like a brick to discover that love isn’t always rainbows and butterflies and hearts raining down. There are times it’s heartbreaking, leaves you vulnerable and so confused that you wonder if it’s worth it. (And most times, it is worth it, even without an happily ever after)
-It’s important to compromise, especially when you’re polar opposites like me and the Mr, and encourage (and sometimes badger) each other to tread outside your comfort zone once in a while. However, it’s equally important to accept that a hard no means no.
- Mindreaders are rare, don’t expect your partner to be one. Communicate your wants and needs.
2. When it comes to love, are you an optimist or a cynic?
An optimist, always.
3. You see a long lost ex walking down the street. Are you more likely to approach him/her or just keep walking?
Keep walking, hard! Since I’ve been with Mr since I was 18, the exes I have are few and most were very innocent relationships. But let me tell ya’, the boys I thought were hot and cool haven’t aged all that well. There’s something off-putting about 30-something men (in this case) who haven’t outgrown their petulant teen phase.
4. Do you believe in the idea of a soul mate?
No, never gave it much thought. I can’t handle such vague concepts in real life to be honest.
5. Care to share any relationship stories?
May I brag about my darling? I’ve an auto-immune disease, one that’s manageable most of the time, but when it gets bad, it’s bad. More than once, I’ve vomited before and over him, lost control of bodily functions, and took out my anger and frustrations out on him. He’s seen my at my worst, even worse than worse, and he still hasn’t run for the hills. Instead, he holds my hair back, washes me and cleans up my mess, and lets me rage and rave without taking it personal or turning it back at me. And between all that, he still makes me feel like I’m the most beautiful and sexy woman in the world.
That’s all. 😁
So, how about you?