1. What was the first fandom* you got involved in? Twilight, let me explain. I knew of the bookseries, of course, and only read the first book because of sheer boredom when I was hospitalised years ago. Then came ‘Fifty Shades’ and not having heard of this strange concept ‘fanfiction’ before, I googled the term and the titles and was led to FFN. I spent the next year or so binge reading the most popular stories. Surprisingly, most of those fics were better stories than Twilight itself.
2. What is your latest fandom?
After trying out a few fandoms and not finding what I was looking for, I stumbled upon Harry Potter and stuck with it ever since.
3. What is the best fandom you’ve ever been involved in? I don’t have much to compare, tbh. With Twilight it was all so new to me and I was figuring things out with each new story I read that I didn’t really got involved. And with HP, since the majority of the fanbase tends to be young or fangirling over things I really don’t care for, I rather stay on the sidelines. But looking in from the outside, I’d say the HP fandom (interactions) can be quite enjoyable.
4. Do you regret getting involved in any fandoms? Yes, but only because I have addictive tendencies and tend to overdo the time I spend my time on fandomrelated things.
5. Which fandoms have you written fanfiction for? Harry Potter. I write rare-pairs, or as some critics like to say, in name only characters.
6. How did you get involved in your latest fandom?After reading the umpteenth dramione story that made me grimace, I decided that I could do better at storytelling. I’m not sure if I’m better, but it was a good excuse to pick up an old hobby.
7. What are the best things about your current fandom? That it’s still going strong long after the end of the stories.
8. Is there a fandom you read fic from but don’t write in?
Twilight, Phantom of The Opera, Buffy.
9. What surprised you the most about your latest fandom? Not about the last fandom because I’ve seen and read it all by now, but the first. I had no idea that written porn was a such a big thing, let alone written gay porn. And that it had special names like lemon, smut, slash, yaoi (still no idea what it exactly entails). I’m no prude, but was something that made me pause a few times.
10. Do you miss your first fandom?
A bit, but it’s more the excitement of discovering and exploring something so new that I miss.